RightSize Business Systems and RightSize Education Technologies, Inc. (collectively, “RightSize”) protects the personal information of everyone who uses, or whose data is stored in our web applications and mobile apps.
Compliance with government laws and industry privacy standards
RightSize is fully compliant with the following Acts in both the USA and Philippines (without consideration of the country of use):
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Philippine Republic Act 10173 also known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012”
We commit to:
- Not collect, maintain, use or share user personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/learner
- Not sell, lease or share user personal information except as required by law
- Not use or disclose user information collected through an educational/school service (whether personal information or otherwise) for behavioral targeting of advertisements to learners
- Not build a personal profile of a user other than for supporting authorized educational/school purposes or as authorized by the parent/guardian or the learner
- Not retain user personal information beyond the time period required to support the authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/learner except as such data may exist in aggregate form on historical backup media or where we are required to preserve data to comply with applicable retention laws.
We are committed to protecting the personal information used and stored by RightSize's applications for web and mobile devices. Data is restricted to only those with a “need to know” on a tiered basis. PII and SPI data is encrypted in all data stores: cloud, school servers and gadgets. All data “in motion” is encrypted. Secondary personnel see limited Learner data and only when explicitly allowed by school management. Gadgets require a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in addition to log-in. Only full-time, regularized employees of RightSize will have access to Learner or Employee data and these employees have signed a confidentiality agreement, which includes this data access. RightSize has documented processes for maintaining the confidentiality of data, which are incorporated into our Human Resources Policy.
We may use anonymized data for analytical purposes.
While we strive to protect user information, no server, computer, communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We also do not have control over the security of computers, mobile devices, or electronic communication and transmission methods that you may use. By using our products or services on your own equipment, you agree that you are solely responsible for any information that you provide and transmit to us. You can help us maintain a secured community and protect your account against unauthorized access by keeping your password confidential at all times.
Information Collected Automatically
We use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for web, Android and iOS to learn about how people use SPLAT. This usage data is not tagged to the individual. We may use geo-location in the future to analyze usage patterns and to combat cheating, but these features have not been implemented as of the date of this document.
How We Communicate With You
We may contact you regarding your account, software updates and new features, security and privacy notices, customer service purposes, and other information regarding our products and services. We may communicate with you through email, SMS messages, social media updates and push notifications. You may opt-out of marketing messages in your SPLAT profile or by sending an email to Splat.email@example.com.
If you subscribe to SPLAT Home or SPLAT Custody, your application data will be removed or anonymized upon termination of use. If you wish to remove your information from our marketing database, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance with Laws
RightSize stores user data exclusively on servers located physically in the same country as the school. We will work with any school system who wishes to audit or inspect our compliance with applicable laws, security protocols or physical locations.
Notification of Changes